HUTG-011102
     
Relevant links:
The municipal area of Osor covers 52 km² in the natural sub-district of "Les Guilleries". The village is situated at 340 metres above sea level. It lies 21 km. from Santa Coloma de Farners (the district capital), 16 km. from Sant Hilari Sacalm (capital of Les Guilleries), 9 km. from Anglès (the nearest village), 25 km. from Girona, 50 km. from the Costa Brava and 102 km. from Barcelona.
Places of interest:
 Esglèsia de Sant Pere d'Osor (s. X, edificio actual del s. XVII)
 Torre de Recs o de la Presó (s. XV)
 Pont Vell (documentado desde el siglo XV)
 Pont de Can Vidal (s. XII)
   Numerous fountains and torrents

The Les Guilleries massif is situated on the border area between the districts of La Selva and Osona, around the town of Sant Hilari Sacalm. The massif is covered with the pine and oak forests that are so typical of the Mediterranean area, and it reaches its maximum height of 1,204m. at Sant Miquel de Solterra.
Joan Sala i Ferrer, alias "Serrallonga", hid in these mountains for twelve years. Today, one can follow the Ruta d'en Serrallonga (GR-178) trail on foot or by car.
Les Guilleries has been designated as an area of natural interest (Plan for Areas of Natural Interest - PEIN) because of its richness and biodiversity.

    Les Mines d'Osor
Five km. along the road to Anglès is a place where there were several different mining operations that eventually closed in 1979. One can still see the ruins and the 290 metre deep shaft. Other interesting elements are an industrial chimney dating from the early 20th century, a chapel dedicated to Saint Barbara, a summer camp house and El pont de les Bruixes ("Witches' Bridge"), a small, narrow single-arched bridge from the 16tth/17th centuries which can be reached by following the Gironella stream.

    Santuari de la Mare de Déu del Coll
Six km. away is the most noteworthy religious building in Osor, dating from the late 9th century. The current building is of Romanesque origin, quite modest and with few decorative details, just a single nave, a large semicircular apse and a two-storey belfry above the façade.

    Esglèsia de Santa Creu d'Horta
Situated 7 km. away in the Valle de Horta, next to the forest road that links Osor and Santa Coloma de Farners. Recorded since the 10th century, it was dedicated to the Holy Cross until the 14th century, but since then it has been dedicated to Santiago (Saint James). The current building is the result of later restorations conducted after the 18th century. It is now in the neoclassical style, with a segmental arch doorway, vaulted niche, wheel window and square belltower with a pyramid roof.

    Capella de Sant Gregori
Eight km. away, past Les Romagueres, sits this chapel dating from 1632 and restored in 1940. It has a rectangular nave with a semicircular trabeated doorway and a large open atrium topped by a small belfry. Next to the chapel is a curious pyramid-shaped building that serves as a walker's refuge.

    Santuari de Nostra Senyora del Part
At a distance of 4 km. following the Camí Ral. Documented since the 14th century, it is notable because it is one of the few sites dedicated to venerating the Virgin birth. In 1687 it was a public chapel and the current building, now in an advanced state of disrepair, dates from the 19th century. It has a rectangular nave, a semicircular arched doorway, wheel window and a brick belfry for a single bell.

    Capella de Sant Miquel de Maifré
Around 9 km. away, close to the Susqueda dam. Its name was recorded as San Daniel de Solerols in 1067, as San Daniel de Manfredi in 1144 and it received its current name in the 14th century. This Romanesque-structure building underwent transformation in 1616, when a new doorway and vault were built, and it was restored in 1788 and again in 1946. The double belfry over the façade is noteworthy, with its ironwork arches and a double splayed window next to the semicircular apse.

    La torre de Sant Joan
Situated on a hilltop on the left bank of the Osor stream on the way to Anglès, just over a kilometre from the village centre. It is thought to date from the late-Romanesque period, the 12th/13th centuries. It is probably a watchtower, around eight metres high, square, with 6 metre long sides that are in an advanced state of disrepair. It may have been part of a larger building. Three storeys high, but only the first storey can now be seen properly, with its semicircular arched doorway. Of the other two storeys, only the eastern and western walls remain standing.

      Pantà de Susqueda
Seven km. from Osor, on the other side of Coll de Nafré. This is the reservoir of the Susqueda dam, an impressive structure 135 metres high and with a 360 metre long dam wall in the shape of an eggshell, dating from 1968.


Can Teixidor de Pagès
Osor road to Nª Sª del Coll Km. 2,5 • Osor 17161 (La Selva) Girona
(+34) 972 446 076 ▫ (+34) 638 301 336info@canteixidordepages.com
HUTG-011102 • Diseño y alojamiento web: Alonso-López
This site may use cookies to improve navigation, experience and statistical purposes